Monday, April 12, 2010

ENG 102-7. Stereotyping




Last night I finally finished my essay, which is about stereotyping of German Turks. I had a chance to make many researches about that topic and I found interesting points about that topic.
First, stereotyping is a public acceptance about specific social class. It is a subjective hypothesis, which we learned that in SPS 102. The philosopher Sayid said that West is the objective one, who talks instead of the subjective East. In that case public is the subject and the object is the stereotypes. German Turks are stereotyping because of their education level, physical aspect and social differences. In addition many Germans do not like Turks as guest workers at all. They gave hard works which needed physical strength and these works were unhealthy for them. I think these seperations between different cultural groups will be live in a harmony in future as Amin Maalouf stated that.

1 comment: